Practice Areas

If you have been convicted of a crime or your probation has been revoked, you generally can appeal. In your appeal, you can ask the Indiana Court of Appeals or the Indiana Supreme Court to do many things. You may ask them to reverse your conviction due to errors or misconduct that may have caused your trial to be unfair. You may ask them to find that there was not enough evidence to support your conviction and acquit you. You may ask for a shorter sentence or even a transfer from jail or prison to work release, home detention or probation. Each appeal is different. Thus, it is important that you find an attorney who can determine if you can appeal, and if so, what issues can be raised and what relief should be requested.
Stacy can review your case to determine these issues for you. Stacy has extensive appellate experience, having completed many appeals. Stacy has also argued many of her cases in front of the Indiana Court of Appeals and the Indiana Supreme Court.

If you have been charged with a crime, you need legal representation. There are three ways the charges can be resolved. You can plead guilty or go to trial or the State can dismiss the accusations against you. You need a lawyer to thoroughly review the State's accusations and evidence to determine whether there is a legal issue that needs to be pursued and may ultimately result in the State dismissing your case. You also need a lawyer to help you determine whether you should plead guilty or proceed to trial. Stacy can help you through this process. If you decide to proceed to trial, Stacy will zealously tell your side of the story and will actively protect your rights.

If you have been convicted of a crime, you may be eligible to pursue post-conviction relief. You may pursue post-conviction relief even if you lost your appeal or pled guilty. If successful, your conviction may be vacated. However, the litigation of a post-conviction relief petition requires a thorough knowledge of Indiana law. Only certain issues can be raised on post-conviction relief. Stacy can help you determine whether you are eligible for post-conviction relief.

If you have a prior arrest or criminal conviction from years ago, you may be eligible for expungement of that arrest or conviction. Expungement means that your records are sealed so that the general public, including a potential or current employer, cannot see them. If you are interested in expungement of your records, Stacy can help.